Windjammers France
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-34%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-34% LG OLED55B3 – TV OLED 4K 55″ 2023 – 100Hz HDR 10+, ...
919 € 1399 €
Voir le deal

JamTheWind tournements.

2 participants

JamTheWind tournements. Empty JamTheWind tournements.

Message  fireball87 Mar 6 Oct 2015 - 20:48

So after a period, and a few local communities appearing, it seems like perhaps now an online US playerbase can be built. I had pondered this earlier, but didn't feel I had the resources or luck at the time.

I am hosting an online tournament targeting North American players, and hoping to make this something that happens every 2 or so weeks. I have scheduled the first tourney, "Trial by Fire" for Sat Oct 17th at 5:30PT . Registration, rules, and other info is here http://jamthewind.challonge.com/TBF/ . I welcome every fightcade windjammers player in North America to play, and everyone to watch at either twitch.tv/jamthewind hitbox.tv/jamthewind or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCepBZVODmU3StvzEnUJGg7A , where I will attempt to stream every match.

If you have any questions, talk to my dedicated twitter account of twitter.com/jamthewind or send an email to jamthewind@gmail.com
fireball87
fireball87

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

JamTheWind tournements. Empty Re: JamTheWind tournements.

Message  Eleazar Mer 7 Oct 2015 - 9:56

fireball87 a écrit:So after a period, and a few local communities appearing, it seems like perhaps now an online US playerbase can be built.  I had pondered this earlier, but didn't feel I had the resources or luck at the time.

Hi Fireball87! Glad too see some movements from NA players because we almost thought the after EVO enthusiasm disappeared.

Good luck if you stream every matches because it can be very long if you do double elimination with 12 or more players. Single match is harsh but it's understandable if you don't want the tourney to be long. It's sad that clay and concrete are banned but I can easily understand why Smile . I hope you will allow them in the future.
The game doesn't have an in-game counterpick system but you can force the player to keep the character he won with (that's what we do).

I'm gonna check the videos as soon as possible after you upload them Wink
Eleazar
Eleazar
TOP & FER !
TOP & FER !

Message  fireball87 Mer 7 Oct 2015 - 17:58

Eleazar a écrit:
Good luck if you stream every matches because it can be very long if you do double elimination with 12 or more players.
I'll figure out the timing pretty quickly. I'm basing current timing / rules off of puzzle fighter tourneys instead of windjammer tourneys. Streaming every game is something that worked pretty well in trying to get new players interested, and kept people talking in the puzzle fighter community I saw formed. It also allows you to directly watch the newer players grow into contenders. If I can convince people to get in game before their game that will help keep things rolling.

Eleazar a écrit:
Single match is harsh but it's understandable if you don't want the tourney to be long. It's sad that clay and concrete are banned but I can easily understand why Smile . I hope you will allow them in the future.
Maybe as a counterpick level. I'm sure I'll do a clay/concrete only tournament at some point. I honestly just don't think the bouncer mechanic is a good one, so my personal bias is there. Maybe I just need to play a few thousand more matches there to see if I can find some consistency in how the bumpers bounce.

Eleazar a écrit:
The game doesn't have an in-game counterpick system but you can force the player to keep the character he won with (that's what we do).
There are two possible abuses to character switching that I can see now. One being that you can play gscott when beach is the only level, win, and then abandon him when your opponent will pick lawn/stadium. Two you can use it to create variation in your play. I don't really have much of a problem with either as of yet. The main reason you have blind picks and loser counterpick rules in fighters is because char-x tends to be really good against char-y. If that issue exists in windjammers, I'm not good enough to see it.

Eleazar a écrit:
I'm gonna check the videos as soon as possible after you upload them Wink
I'd say watch the streams, but time zones.

Thanks a great deal for reading through these. I'll consider these suggestions, though probably not make changes until next tourney.
fireball87
fireball87

Message  fireball87 Dim 1 Nov 2015 - 3:06

First tourney went well.  Second tourney Nov 8, info here: http://jamthewind.challonge.com/pie/
fireball87
fireball87

Message  fireball87 Sam 14 Nov 2015 - 23:23

Second tourney went OK, third tourney is Sat Nov 21 http://jamthewind.challonge.com/thx .
fireball87
fireball87

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé